|Pᴇᴀʀʟ (surfborte) wrote,|
@ 2016-09-17 15:54:00
Okay, ladies, now let's get in formation, cause I slay
FULL NAME: Pearl Oceane
DOB: April 13th
PLACE OF BIRTH: Atlantis
ORIGIN: Atlantean | Pacific Ocean
MARITAL STATUS: N/A
PARENTS: Azen & Melana
SIBLINGS: Opal, Indra, Kai, Isle, River & Storm
• Humans are garbage. You are what you put out into the universe and frankly? Pearl has seen that all they do is destroy and treat the earth like garbage, so that's what they are.
• She has killed plenty of humans in the past but never without reason. If they looked to be putting other nautical creatures in danger, were aboard an oil vessel, or appeared evil in intent, they get a throat full of sea water.
• Pearl is incredibly vain in the sense that she has no shame in loving beautiful things. Shiny things, pearly things.
• While there are many fish in the sea and a lot of those include her siblings, Pearl is used to getting things her way. Not necessarily because they're given, she works hard for what she wants, or takes.
• Perfectly happy under the sea away from the humans, but more recently, has taken to crashing beach parties to gain intel, and when curiosity peaks her interest.
• When not gathering intel via beaches or the pier, she harasses Opal for information and tries to keep her in the ocean.
• Has plans to get revenge for the pain humans are inflicting on the sea, and other creatures when and if possible.
• One consolation? Their garbage food is actually delicious.
Always stay gracious, best revenge is your paper
Beneath the great ocean in Atlantis, the world is vast, open, and frankly just as busy and bustling as Times Square. Although there are always disputes on who is whom or from where, Pearl is certain of each of her siblings, and that she is older than more than half of them. Even if Indra or Kai may be? She certainly doesn't act like it. Very proud and involved with their culture--Pearl took her youth to adventure their kingdom, meet it's people, and familiarize herself with the world and it's issues with the surface. Was there a crown on her head? Not necessarily, but you'd never be able to know otherwise with how she swayed those scales.
While her younger sister dared to venture out to the surface on the premise of dares, it wasn't until Opal explained the horrors of those trapped in nets that Pearl decided to have a look for herself. She of course was disgusted, and even ventured to continue to join Opal in her journeys to the surface to destroy their fishing endeavors or dumping their waste in the beauty of their home. Disgusted as she was, Pearl's anger only grew when Opal's tail was sliced within the propellers of a cruise ship. Though the passengers had nothing to do with the act--Pearl added cruise ships to the line of things to watch, and harass in any which way she could whenever she crossed their paths.
After a stern talking to from their father, Pearl stopped going to the surface for her small bouts of 'revenge', and return to dealing with the antics of her own people. There was a small debacle in the light of her father wanting to partner her as he had Coral, but like Opal, Pearl was not the sort to let her life be planned out for her. It caused a small tension between them for a short while, but as Pearl didn't disobey their father in any other regard, he saddled the thought temporarily. Supposedly there is talk to match her within the year, but Pearl has decided she will simply mold this person to what she wants, when it happens, and worry about the end later.
With everything happening above the surface and gosspi spreading faster than an oil spill, Pearl began her ventures once more, first stalking the ships, and then even camouflaging herself among the dispicable at their beach parties, and the Piers. Since speaking with Opal about the wonder of the surface wouldn't lead to much information other than maybes and I don't knows--Pearl is taking notes on all of the crazy that the leaders on the land do to their people, the other outcasts on the surface, and how it could effect those under the ocean. Essentially, acting as the ocean's scaley spy. She reports to her father and on occasion, the king, who is far more lax on the information she gives. Where she sees danger, he sees assumption, and it is Pearl's internal mission to make him see they need to do something about it.
Also, see what her sister is doing by making a hut and staycation on the damned surface, making friends, and any other nonsense.
Slay trick, or you get eliminated
Pearl is a mermaid
When she chooses to grace the great green (for the most part) Earth, her glorious tail forms into two legs with feet, leaving her capable of walking. The gills don't go away but a smart person wouldn't stare--if you could happen to catch them behind her long flowing hair. As half of her true form is a fish, Pearl can only remain on land for a few hours at a time. If she doesn't she will begin to dehydrate. If her skin dries there will be worse problems than a case of an ugly looking blemish, specifically, death.
Pearl has the ability to communicate with other sea creatures. Unlike the great king of the sea, she cannot control tides and the true wrath of the ocean, but anyone be damned who tries to challenge what she can do. She can manipulate water to some degree, unfortunately no whirlpools or waterspouts. Yet. While she is immune to the voices of Sirens, as a mermaid she has quite a voice herself, and can tempt even the most trained man or sailor with her songs. She's also rather fond of drowning them too.
There's ancient lore on a mermaid's kiss granting it's receiving patron the ability to breathe underwater but she's never tried before. Defeats the purpose of drowning.